Since 2010, the College has made substantial progress in improving its facilities, campus safety, digital infrastructure, financial stability, planning, use of data for decision making, fundraising, transparency, and community partnerships. Marin voters approved a $265 million facilities bond in 2016 and a Facilities Master Plan utilizing those funds is being implemented.
Between 2019-2025, the College will focus on the following goals:
- The fiscal integrity and wellbeing of the District is maintained in a manner that is prudent, responsive, sustainable, and transparent.
- All facilities are conducive to 21st century teaching and learning and are maintained in a high functioning, safe, clean, and environmentally sustainable manner, aligned with the Measure B schedule.
- Plan, design, facilitate and provide logistics for the creation of workforce housing for the purpose of recruiting and retaining District employees including staff, faculty, and administrators in a sustainable manner.
- Increase outreach and marketing to reach all potential student populations, enhance COM’s image, and ensure Marin County views COM as a good value for its cost and high quality education.
- Increase campus safety, awareness, and training at all locations to prepare employees and students in case of emergencies.