PRIE provides leadership, guidance, and support for the College's institutional planning processes—including the development, production, distribution, monitoring, and assessment of the Educational Master Plan 2009-2019, the three-year strategic plans, and other College plans.
(pending approval by Governance)
2019 - 2025 Educational Master Plan
College of Marin Educational Master Plan 2019-2025
College of Marin is in the process of developing a new Educational Master Plan for 2019-2025 (EMP). The EMP is the principal document guiding all other institutional planning and decision making, including strategic planning, resource allocation, evaluation, and outcome assessment. Information gathered at both internal and external community forums (see Highlights Page) as well as the 2018 Environmental Scan will be used in developing the plan. A short systhesis of the environmental scan discussions held with faculty, staff and managers can be found here. The dates of the forums are as follows:
- October 8, 2018, Faculty FLEX session, (KTD) 2-3:30
- October 12, 2018, Classified Dev Session, (KTD) 1:00-2
- October 17, 2018 All COM community forum (KTD AC255) 2:30-5
- October 18, 2018 All COM community forum (IVC Bldg 27, Room 116) 2:30-5
- October 30 2018 All Marin community forum (KTD AC255) 6-7:30
- November 1, 2018 All Marin community forum (IVC Bldg 10, Room 140)
College of Marin Educational Master Plan 2009-2019
College of Marin's Educational Master Plan 2009-2019 (EMP) is the principal document guiding all other institutional planning and decision making, including strategic planning, resource allocation, evaluation, and outcome assessment. It projects the future of College of Marin for the coming decade and makes general recommendations that address current and foreseeable challenges.
The plan's analysis of internal and external data and the resulting 19 broad recommendations (organized into four categories: student access, student success, college systems and community responsiveness) provide a common foundation for discussion about the College's effectiveness in fulfilling its mission; together they are intended to serve as the basis for the College's three-year strategic plans and to inform annual unit plans.
Mission, Vision, and Values (Mission reviewed/approved 4-11-15 by the Board of Trustees)
- Most recent updated Challenges and Recommendations (Chapter 4, pages 35-37) (Result of February 2012 report)
- Updated Educational Master Plan Recommendations February 2012 Report (Published 2-15-2012)
- Updated Profile of the District's Service Area May 2012
College of Marin Strategic Plan 2015-2018
This is the third and last iteration of strategic planning within the College of Marin’s 10-year Educational Master Plan. Much has been accomplished. The 2015-2018 plan carries forward and expands on some of the existing EMP goals and adds new objectives. In addition, our objectives are becoming increasingly measurable as we focus more on the outcomes of our activity. We remain committed to student access, student success, improving college systems and community responsiveness.
College of Marin Strategic Plan 2015-2018 (Approved by Board of Trustees 10-20-2015)
- College of Marin Strategic Plan 2015-2018 Progress Report, Year Two (July 2017)
- College of Marin Strategic Plan 2015-2018 Progress Report, Year One (May 2016)
- Progress Tracking 2015-2016 and 2016-2017
College of Marin Strategic Plan 2012-2015
College of Marin's Strategic Plan 2012-2015 benefits students and the community as a whole by prioritizing the Educational Master Plan recommendations, creating strategic objectives that address these recommendations, and identifying action steps for accomplishing specific objectives. The goal has been to create reasonable, doable and measurable objectives that focus our community and our resources on improving services to students to promote student success.
- College of Marin Strategic Plan 2012–2015 (Approved by the Board of Trustees 11-13-2012)
- College of Marin Strategic Plan 2012-2015 Progress Report (June 2015)
- College of Marin Progress Report 2014 (Board of Trustees presentation 7-29-2014)
- College of Marin Progress Report 2013 (Board of Trustees presentation 7-16-2013)
- College of Marin Progress Report 2013 (7-16-2013)
- Tracking System for Evidence (7-2-2013)
- Strategic Plan 2012-2015 Progress Form (1-16-2013)
- Administrative Champions for Objectives (8-21-2012)
- Development Process and Evidence for Strategic Plan (1-10-2012)
College of Marin Integrated Planning Manual
The College of Marin Integrated Planning Manual was developed to guide integrated, institutional planning at the College. The manual describes the ways that the College's constituent groups participate in and contributes to College planning. Revisions to the document are a result of the ongoing assessment of timelines and specific functions associated with the College's planning and resource allocation process made by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee (PRAC).
The document contains a description of the integrated planning model and its key planning documents. It then outlines specific tasks to be accomplished, processes by which decisions/recommendations will be developed, timelines for each task, individuals or groups responsible for completing the tasks and individuals or groups that will receive the recommendations and render final decisions.
College Planning Documents for Specific Areas
Distance Education Plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
College of Marin Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (Revised November 2016)